Commercial Applications For Vinyl Flooring
There are very many advantages to having vinyl flooring installed in both private residential and commercial applications. Ever since it was first created in the 1950’s vinyl flooring has come on in leaps and bounds to provide a very durable, affordable and attraction option.
Here are a few of the major benefits to having this type of flooring installed in commercial properties:
* Impact Noise Reduction – In large areas such as shopping complexes and high-rise apartments, the impact of noise pollution can be a serious issue. Acoustic underlay flooring can reduce the impact of noise pollution significantly.
* Design Options – there are seemingly endless design options in modern vinyl flooring with a great variety of colors and patterns available. Printed vinyl can help to create the natural stone look, hardwood or any other type of materials. You can even utilize vinyl flooring with other types of materials to give the impression of a combination of floor elements. This is popular in airports and some other commercial buildings.
* Low Maintenance – this type of flooring is pretty easy to keep clean and in good condition. All it needs is a regular sweep to remove the dirt and grit and a damp mop to remove any stains.
* Water Resistance – vinyl flooring is also particularly suitable for commercial applications because it is water resistant. Vinyl floors are virtually impervious to penetration if water is spilled which makes it particularly suitable for areas where this could occur.
* Comfort – this type of floor cover does not get cold in the winter time like tiles or marble and is usually pretty comfortable to walk on. Some types of vinyl are installed over padded sheets which make walking on them an even more pleasurable experience.
* Affordability – large commercial applications in particular need to choose a durable, hard wearing floor covering which is also affordable. The price you pay for your vinyl floor covering can vary depending upon the quality, but if you install top quality materials in a commercial application, it will keep on looking good for many years, no matter how much foot traffic there is every day.
* Durability – this has already been touched upon, but good quality vinyl is extremely hard wearing and durable. If it is properly installed and properly maintained it can last for ten, fifteen or even twenty years. This does however largely depend on upon the quality of the materials you use in the first place. Vinyl is a relatively inexpensive type of floor covering, so it certainly pays to use the best quality product you can.
* Stain Resistance – many printed vinyl tiles are manufactured with a clear layer which protects the surface of the floor with a barrier. These are even easier to clean and maintain than floors which do not have this additional protective layer.
* Ease of Installation – the final benefit of having this type of floor installed in your commercial application is that it is a relatively simple procedure. Even expansive areas of floor space can be fitted quite quickly and easily by professional floor fitters.
With so many advantages there is little wonder that so many commercial buildings rely upon vinyl floor coverings.